Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sunday, 10July2011: Holland

Weather:  Sunny and mild.  Winds:  Nil.  Seas: Less than 1ft.

Repeat of the previous day but with Judy, Rick and Sammy.  Great fun was had!  Got Ceili to jump off the boat in to the water with me.  Found the life jackets worked well for the dogs and they were very helpful picking the dogs up and out of the water.

An indication of Kelly's comfort level with the boat.  During this trip, Kelly was at the helm while I handled lines then boarded.  Normally she required direction, helm and throttle positions.  By this point, none of the direction was required...and apparently I'm not either.  This day, whilst I'm on the dock removing the last line, she is backing out...rather quickly and clearly not thinking about me still on the dock.  Meanwhile, I'm yelling, "Hey, hey!  What about me?"  She looks up, puts the throttle back in forward and come back for me.  Clearly not required anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment