Monday, October 28, 2013

17-20July, 2013: Gig Harbor

Weather:  Fair and mild!

Hung out in Gig Harbor!  Visited with RT and MM!  Multiple dinners aboard Captain's Mast, continuing to break in the grill.  Very convenient to dinghy to RT's slip and use Arabella's facilities.

Searched for a new battery for the Raymarine Autohelm ST40+ wireless remote.  Was told by the West Marine in GH they were not available.  Called West Marine Anacortes and was told the same thing.  Visited a couple battery shops and still did not find one.

Epilogue:  A month later, phoned Raymarine, was given a part number and transferred to the order desk.  The lady at the desk was taking the order and told me I'd have to pay $12 shipping if I ordered from them.  "You mean I could order this from someplace like...say...West Marine?"  "Sure," she said.  I thanked her and called West Marine, asking for one of two of my go to guys there.  Got one and made the special order.  Why?  First off, let them pay for the shipping.  Second, points on the rewards program.

No comments:

Post a Comment